Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Fortunes

I love fortune cookies. I love the way they taste, I love the fortunes inside, and I even kind of like it when some dumb ass says 'in bed' after you read your fortune out loud.

We went out to Chinese the other day. My son got this fortune...



Do something unusual tomorrow. (in bed).

Oh god. Just what my son needs, a little encouragement. He couldn't get 'Hard work brings success tomorrow' or something like that. Nope. Do something unusual. Outstanding.

That's why I was a little disturbed when I saw that the fire department had to rescue a kid because his tongue was stuck to a pole. When I saw that I pulled out my cellie to see if they had called. Seriously, I did.

It wasn't him, but I am still holding my breath. At least it didn't say 'pick up a ho' or something like that.

No comments: