Monday, November 10, 2008

No Where To Go

There is nothing worse than when you get all dressed up in your sexy bike clothes only to go into the garage and find your bike with a flat tire. That’s what happened to me this morning when I went out to go to work. Eff, all dressed up and no where to go. So I fixed the flat and rode to work.

In the big picture, that makes 7 flats to only 4 birds, in my flats to birds ratio. The way I see it I have scientifically proven that there is a relationship between birds and flats soooo – I have got a big double eagle coming. It’s like a pair of free bird coupons. I could probably throw in a bonus eff you – and still be golden. Look out everybody!

Maybe if I tried to fit in a little better I would get fewer flat tires. Maybe I could get one of those hipster fixed gear bicycles. I could role with no brakes and no helmet because – well it’s cool. I could get some deep dish velocity rims – because it is important to go fast when your gear is fixed and you have no brake. It would give me room to post special anti-establishment, or anti everything messages like “You Haters Suck My Balls” or simply “Fuck You”. Now that would make me cool and hip.

(http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/ is the best bike blog on the planet btw)

I could even throw in a spoke card from an alley cat. It doesn’t matter that I don’t really know what an alley cat is – or that even If I did know that there are like 2 bike messengers in Boise (and they are both unemployed dudes that just like to ride fixies around town). Yep, then I would never get a flat. I could even throw on some bull horn handle bars, or those nice curved track handle bars – because you know, we will have a velodrome here soon – well we will if it doesn’t fill up with water before the concrete is poured. It would be a nice pond.

I think I will just buy a few more tubes.

No comments: