Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Double Eagle

Driving to work this morning I get behind a car all but parked in the middle lane of a three lane road. Cars are streaming past on the left and right, but you can guess where I am – yup, right behind the idiot.

It’s an old dude and he obviously wants to make a left at the next street that is like 10 feet ahead. Rather than take responsibility for his own driving ineptness and go ‘around the horn’ to the next cross street and back track – he decides he will make everyone else pay for his bad driving decision – so he stops in the middle of the freak’n road waiting for a gap to move his car over. Of course the gap will never come because people just keep veering into the other lanes to go around him. I guess I shouldn’t be angry, it is the American way – making others pay for your bad decisions.

Anyhow, I sit behind the guy. I scratch my bum. I fidget with the radio, and defrost controls. I run my hand through my hairs (both of them). I notice that the guys license plate says DBL EGL.

Is it a sign from God? I do have a double eagle coming – should I use it here? I cocked my fingers and got ready to unleash the double eagle, but pulled back at the last second. A double eagle in a car is like a tattoo on your ass – no one will see it. Double eagles (and tattoos) are meant to be shared.

Yup my double eagle is going to be something to see. It’s going to come while on the bike. I might even throw in an iron cross. Oh yes, arms crossed on my chest and both birds flying – the rare Double Eagle Iron Cross. It will be spectacular.

No comments: