Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My New Look

I have a friend, Johnny Atmos who is a graphic designer. No, ‘Atmos’ isn’t his real name, and he probably doesn’t like to be called ‘Johnny’ either – but that is what I call him. He is a graphic designer though, and has designed some sweet signs and such for several local businesses.

John reminds me of ‘Sergei Belov’ from the movie ‘American Flyers’. You can see Sergi in this clip at the very beginning, about 30 seconds in, and then the classic scene about 1 minute in…




John used to role with a big beard like that and sported a very similar brain bucket. Also note the upper body muscles which are somewhat counterproductive in a bike race – I think John has some of those too.

Anyhow, John reads my blog and apparently likes it. I’ll admit that I am pretty flattered about that, but the fact that he also really likes the movie ‘Cannonball Run’ helps keep me grounded.

So on our really big race team ride John and I chatted briefly about my forthcoming book, and my need for a logo. John put a few together for me…







I am pretty stoked about it. As you can see I incorporated it into my blog design, and switched backgrounds to make the entire thing look a little more angry. Very, very nice in an angry sort of way if I do say so myself.

If you don’t like the logo maybe you should read John’s story about it here…

http://cperspective.blogspot.com/

If you still don’t like it maybe you should look at it a bit longer…

Merry Thanksgiving Everybody.

No comments: