Thursday, August 7, 2008

In Dirty Underwear

I am not sure, but I think my 5 year old son is a smart-ass. I have no idea where he got it, I mean I’m not a smart ass am I?

He has been watching a lot of Veggie Tales lately. A cartoon about religious vegetables. I don’t particularly care for religion, and I don’t like vegetables either – but Veggie Tales seems ok. Good lessons, some corny humor (no pun intended). Not bad for tv anyway.

One of my sons favorites is about standing up for what you believe in – good right? Actually not so much.

The other day my wife calls…

Wife - “I can’t get your son to change his clothes”

Me – “Umm, OK”

Wife – “Any idea’s”

Me – “Nope”


So I role home later and find my son wearing the same clothes he was wearing the day before. He didn’t want to change them because they were his favorite color – red.

Me – “Hi little dude, why don’t you go change your clothes”

Son – “OK”


Goes away and comes back in his dirty underwear, carrying new clean clothes…

Me – “Change your underwear too”

Son – “No, I can not”

Me – “What?”

Son – “Sorry dad, I have to stand up for what I believe in”


My son wore dirty underwear the rest of the day.

He believes in it. Dirty Underwear.

No comments: