Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Art of the F-bomb…

Sometimes you need to look for a silver lining. For example, when my 4 year old dropped his first F-bomb last week I had a choice – be angry or be happy.

While I don’t condone f-bombs from 4 year olds, I think there are far worse things in the world. So rather than ranting and lecturing I embraced the fact that he used ‘oh eff’ in the correct context, and also quickly retracted the f-bomb with an ‘oh frick’.

Now I know the good grammar came from watching ‘School House Rock’ video’s – the boy knows his interjections. But where in the world could he have learned the f-bomb? We were at the in-laws a few weeks back, so I will blame it on them. If that doesn’t work I will blame Ronald Reagan – everything is that guys fault.

Since this is my training blog and all, I put in 600 miles on the bike in March plus about 8 fabulous hours on the trainer.

No comments: