Thursday, January 3, 2008

Tight Fitting Jeans and Other Winter Pleasures

Keeping the streak alive – I have ridden every day in 2008! All three of them.

It was a cold commute again today – the weatherman said it would be warmer – damn him. The packed snow and ice refuses to melt in some places on the road making my commute about 12 miles of dirty brown asphalt and ½ mile of snow/ice hell each way. I just love skidding across snow and ice from rut to rut, willing your way towards dry patches where it might be safe to make course corrections. I’m starting to wonder if maybe 23mm road bike tires were made for winter in Idaho at all?

Had another pleasant surprise this morning when I pulled on my jeans and they were a little snug in the hips. Hmmm, must have shrunk – it’s ok, I have ridden three days in a row now. Weight will start melting away any time now…

No comments: