Wednesday, January 30, 2008

How to Kill a Squirrel…

Went multi-training again last night. We tried something new. Instead of the ‘horse race’ screen we watched a video of riders on a training ride. The resistance of the trainers is correlated with the intensity of the ride on the screen. The biggest difference was that you could not see your performance relative to your neighbors, hence less competition and less suffering. I actually think that I prefer the suffering.

So while riding along (virtually of course) in the front of the pack a squirrel shoots out from the far side of the road but locks up its breaks right before slamming into the front wheel of the lead rider. I looked over my shoulder to see if anyone else got it, but all I saw were a couple sets of rollers and an exercise ball. I guess I didn’t see a disclaimer that ‘no animals were harmed’ hmmm?

No comments: