Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Multi-trainer Hell

Multi-trainer Hell

Over the weekend I had my first experience with the multi-trainer. It was hell. The LAC team got together at the Endurance Training Center and rode for a few hours. Everyone lined up on the trainers and locked on to the little bars that represented them on the screen.

It was a lot like that game at the fair where you roll the ball into the little holes and the little horse scoots along the track. It was a lot like that, except without balls, little holes, and horses – but with a lot more pain.

So anyway I learned that I am fat and out of shape compared to my teammates. Go figure. Time to start training.

Also managed to get a flat on the trainer. WTF! Who gets a flat on a trainer. Apparently me. Looked like more pieces of staple that I ran over the other day. Nice. 2 flats in 5 days. Eff.

No comments: