Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sucking My Will to Blog

I was thinking the other day that it has been a year since I started this blog. I guess it was a new years resolution to find a new outlet, try something new, and stick it out for the year. I know lots of people think that resolutions are cliché, but I believe that people who think that are just too weak minded to commit to something and follow through with it. There’s an Elmerism for you.

It started out as my training blog. I was going to write about things like how many hours I rode, how many intervals, how many miles, power output – you know, all those numbers that bike racers throw around when they want to feel good about themselves. Yep, that’s what it was supposed to be. Then I read some other dudes blog that was like that. It sucked. I didn’t care how much or when or where someone else was riding – hell, I don’t even care how much, where or when I ride why would anyone else.

So before I even really got started ‘Melmers Training Blog’ transmogrified into ‘The Angry Cyclist’. Now being angry – that is something I care about, and I am good at it. So I tried to write about stuff that happened while I was riding, but I am afraid that mostly I have just written about being angry.

It has been amusing. I make myself laugh sometimes. I think I made some other people laugh sometimes. I have written stuff down for everyone to see that I wouldn’t say out loud - which is a little disturbing.

Anyhow, something is sucking my will to blog. I don’t particularly know what it is, but I am thinking it may be Ronald Reagan. So the blogging has been sporadic. I think it will continue to be so. Until the fury that burns inside re-ignites, or I just quit. Just quitting is not my style though, so sporadic it is.

No comments: