Friday, September 5, 2008

Snidely Electric



I new it would happen. It had to happen. What with $4 gas it was only a matter of time. Given the scootermania and the fact you can buy motorized bicycles on Craigslist it was probably downright inevitable.

So I am on my way home yesterday afternoon on the greenbelt when I come up behind a guy on a mountain bike with funny looking panniers. As he goes around a curve in front of me he looks back with a Snidely Wiplash look on his face. Eeeeeffffffff! Now what?

I had already dueled speed racer girl earlier in the commute when some chick was determined not to let me pass her, and then was equally determined to stay right behind me for a mile afterward. Now Snidely here has some devilish plan to unleash on me when I pass him.

Resigned to subject myself to some devious plan I pass Snidely. Snidely looks over at me (still looking Snidely) and I hear the whine of the electric motor kicking in…

De Ja Vu – I flashback to the last time some electric bike smuck raced me. Yes this has happened to me twice now. I am guessing no one else has raced electric bike guy even once. I guess I am just lucky. Anyhow, last time I raced electric bike guy I got a similarly Snidely look, and a similarly whiney whine. Last time I actually had to shift and go about 20 mph to get around electric bike moron…

Flashback to the present. Electric bike guy guns it. Electric bike guy accelerates. Electric bike guy tops out at maybe 15 mph. Electric bike guys’ electric bike sucks. Electric bike guy might want to try pedaling – it may be faster.

Actually, it would be faster. I slow down while passing electric bike guy to tell him so.

No comments: