Monday, March 3, 2008

The Double Richard



I was out on a training ride yesterday and passed this sign. Well actually I have been on many training rides and passed this sign many times – yesterday just reminded me that I needed to rant about it.

I don’t get it. Isn’t one Dick enough. Why the double Dick.

I can just imagine the thought process behind this one…

Nurse – Congratulations on the new baby!

Dick (what else could his name be) – I want to name him Dick Jr.

Nurse – It’s a girl.

Dick – Oh, yeah, um, well…

Mom – How about Dixie, that’s cute!

Dick – Yeah, OK. But lets spell it D-I-C-K-sie, so she doesn’t get confused with all of the other Dixies…

WTF? I mean really. I guess at least it wasn’t a James Bond fan, and named her Ivana, or Alotta. But Dicksie? I can’t help but to think this might have been a good place for a Jennifer or something.

The Real Double Richard...

No comments: