Thursday, March 10, 2011

That Was Close

Whew that was close! I didn't have anything to write about so I was going to write about the 'education reform' in Idaho.

Yeah, I was going to say how education reform was a thinly veiled opportunity for the legislature to go all BOHICA on the teachers union - the only organization in this backassward state with the strength to stand against the GOP for the last 20 years or so.

Then I was going to say that as disappointing as the performance by our legislators, governor, and education superintendent were - the performance by the teachers union was worse. I mean, this shouldn't have been a surprise - the only new idea presented this year was the trading teachers for laptops thing - and that was just a distraction. The other stuff has been lurking since Luna took office, what - 4 years ago?

And then I would spout for a while about while they should have been extolling the benefits of the teachers union and formulating their own plan to cut budgets the, teachers union goes all junior high girl and starts coordinating wardrobes, and having candlelight vigils. Seriously? Is that the best you could come up with? We know from past experience (term limits) that when the legislature has BOHICA on it's mind it doesn't matter if 95% of people are against it.

Right, then I would write a bit about how I am only an in-law of the teachers union and I am embarrassed. Yeah, someone was asleep at the wheel. Someone should be looking for ways to capitalize on this uproar and start shopping for new leadership too.

Damn, I was afraid I would have to go into all that until I saw this guy going Fabian Cancellara on the way home.



So I see this guy weaving through traffic behind me down Front St. I'm thinking the dude must be doped up like Contador to be passing all those cars on a mountain bike. I took the picture when he raced past me.

Bloody hell dude. If you are going to be boner and ride a motorized bike maybe you should rock it down the shoulder of the road. And if you must rock it in the middle of the road maybe you shouldn't weave between cars. In the rain. In low light. During rush hour. And if you must do all that the least you could do is wear a freak'n helmet so when you crash they don't have to spend as many of my tax dollars to put your uninsured ass back together.

Actually I don't know if he has insurance, but I am thinking there is probably an inverse relationship between motorized bicycle riding and insurance purchasing. I am just guessing.

I'm just guessing, but motorized bikes and 4 or 5 lane roads probably won't mix well for long. Maybe you should try the gb. Maybe we could race.

Anyhow, whew, glad I didn't have to write about that education thing.

No comments: