Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Glorious Skills

So there I was rocking down the gb and I see this guy riding a big blue cruiser bike. I use the term riding loosely, and, for that matter I use the term rocking loosely too. You see I was running – and by running I mean trundling which is my angry equivalent of running. Technically I don’t think I have been able to achieve an actual run yet, but I am way past waddling.

By the way, running? It still sucks, and it is still a survival skill – not a sport. For me anyway.

Right, so anyway, dude on the cruiser wasn’t really riding the bike. I’m actually not sure what he was doing. He had his feet on the pedals and the cranks in the horizontal position. He was standing up, and wait for it, wait for it – going no hands. In fact, not only was he going no hands he was doing some kind of yoga dance shit with his arms.

In the short time that our paths crossed he slowly put one arm out to the side and looked along it. Then he put it down and slowly put the other arm out to other side and looked along it. It was all kind of zen-ish, and I have to say – freaking glorious. It makes me all calm just thinking about it.

Yeah, those are the kinds of skills that make chicks want him and make dudes want to be like him.

I am totally going to try that the next time I am on my bike.

Umm,no I’m not.

I do want to see someone do it on rollers though.

No comments: