Wednesday, October 13, 2010

They're Back

I wasn’t sure that it is fall before, but I am now. That’s right, the annual migration of the plywood coyotes from their high country summer range to traditional winter range has begun.



I spotted these bad boys back out a Sandy Point today. I am sure they will be there mocking errant fowl and haunting cyclocross racers the rest of the fall and winter.

I also spotted these recently at a local yuppy suburbanite subdivision.



Leave it to yuppy suburbanites to add a new dimension to the plywood coyote paradigm. (Look, I used the word paradigm!) Yeah, that’s right, Californian Coyotes. Three-dimensional and undoubtedly made of something other than plywood. I am afraid these ones will be short lived though. They look entirely too shootable, not to mention theftable.

They will learn after they have lived here a while – maybe even before they buy their first bronco car flag and window sticker.

They should sell that stuff in packages. Bronco stuff, not coyotes. You could get a car flag, a window sticker, bsu alumni license plate holders (degree included), and maybe a bsu stadium seat pad for like $49.95. You could upgrade to an MBA for like $79.95, but hell, why not go for the Ph. D. package with two car flags, three window stickers, alumni license plate holders (Ph.D. included), stadium seat pad, and the much coveted bronco rock – all that for say $129.95.

I was being nice about bsu until their president called me nasty and inebriated. He doesn’t even know the half of it.

Anyhow, yeah. Fall is here and the plywood coyotes are coming. Soon they will be swamping the city like tattered and sun faded bronco flags.

No comments: