Friday, October 15, 2010

Damn.

So I have been rocking past this message for like 35 years now.



For the first time the other day I realized that I don’t have a forest, much less forests.

It kind of pissed me off you know. I don’t have a forest and besides, who the hell is this dam guy to tell me what to do with them if I did. I mean really. I am guessing that the forests upstream were greener before they were inundated with water. I don’t know, maybe I am wrong.

I am a little surprised that it took so long for me to become cynical enough to realize that I don’t have any forests. I mean, in the past I probably just thought they were referring to the national forests which are supposed to be everyone’s forests. Yeah, now I know they definitely not my forests – they belong to loggers, ranchers, and miners and are managed by judges.

Anyhow, right, I don’t have any forests. I don’t have any dams either. If I did have a dam I wouldn’t use it to tell people how to manage their forests. I might use it to tell people how I manage my dam, something like this…



Or maybe I would do something like this…



Or if it was near Boise, maybe this…



Damn. If only I had a dam.

No comments: