Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Something Funny Going On

So I had a bike race on Saturday. I gotta say, it was significantly below average. Not the race itself mind you, just my performance in it. It is somewhat traumatic for me so I will make it short.

I started out the race with a long pull but when I got to the dead bird realized we were in about the same boat Jake Turner got bored and attacked then a while later Alex Phipps bridged I took some digs and tried to bridge but couldn’t because I suck then we caught the breakaway and it got harder then we turned on Swan Falls road and got strung out then I got dropped and lost my will somewhere out there after that I just hoped for a train at the train crossing so the pack would have to stop and I could catch up but there wasn’t a train so I kept riding by myself then some other guys caught me led by the broken spoke guy who needs some bibs whose name I think is Sean Donovan anyway that was good until they went faster or I went slower and got dropped by them too then I got passed by the masters a guys getting dragged along by Richard Feldman and then I finished like 7 minutes behind the winners in my category that wasn’t so good I would say oh well better luck next time but the next race is really tough looking on paper so I am a little worried.

Right, so that’s that. What I really need to talk about is this…



I saw it the paper last week and have been sitting on it since. I am pretty sure there is something funny about it, but I haven’t been able to pinpoint it.

Maybe it was the part about her saying her boyfriend peer pressured into it.

Or the part where she says she only got $25 out of it.

Or the part where it says her boyfriends other teenage girlfriend was the getaway driver. That is pretty funny. I mean, if you want to rob a bank couldn't you find someone a little better to drive the getaway car than a teenage girl? Seriously, they can hardly avoid crashing as it is. Not to mention the 2 girlfriend thing.

I also like the part about the other bandit being 40 years old. If you are a teenager and are hanging out with 40 year olds - nothing good can come of it. And if you are 40 and hanging out with teenagers - you might be a loser. Or a felon. Probably both.

So yeah, that stuff was pretty funny - but also pretty sad. Sad because everything the f-bomb bandit said was probably true.

I think the headline has a Disney ring to it. Like the Apple Dumpling Gang, only for the 2000's. Maybe she could recruit the kid who is trying to ban swearing as a sidekick. That would be worth two Disney tv movies right there.

Anyway...

No comments: