Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Ghost in the Darkness II

So I was going to write about my weekend bike races today. How bad I sucked at the TT on Saturday. How I think that bike seat might have broke my taint. And how windy it was. Then I was going to talk about Sunday and how somehow I found myself with the leaders after riding through the dirt the first time. How I whined like a 6 year old girl when someone pushed me off my line in the dirt. How Bret Nichols is a bad ass. A bad ass with a crooked stem. By stem I mean leg. About I can’t imagine how fast he would be if his left leg wasn’t always turning left. About how I should pay more attention to bike racing and less attention to peculiarities when I am bike racing. Then I was going to talk about how Derek Brown, a lost river guy and I chased. Then chased some more. And then chased a little more. And then I was going to say how riding through the dirt section once sucked, but twice was significantly below average. Then I was going to say how fun it all was!

Yeah, I was going to write about that but then I saw someone sent me this. Probably the best news story I have ever seen. Who cares about bike racing when house cats are eating people. Its like The Lions of Tsavo, except with a house cat instead of lions, and a trailer in Rexburg instead of tents on the savannah. Other than that it is pretty much exactly the same.



REXBURG, Idaho - A Rexburg woman says one of her cats recently attacked her and tried to kill her, sending her and her husband to the hospital.

The Ostermiller family says their cat was completely normal until three days after it gave birth to kittens. But it soon became defensive, and the family says it tried to kill them.

It began last week on Tuesday at about 5:30 a.m. The Ostermillers were sleeping when they heard a sound.
"All I heard was rrwwwrrrr hisss," Jackie Ostermiller said.

Jackie woke up and saw her cat, Renesmee, (named after the Twilight character) panicking. Jackie thinks a male cat had wandered by outside the home and Renesmee was protecting her kittens.

Jackie went to grab her cat to stop her from bolting out a hole in the screen door. That's when the kitty made its move.

"I was being mauled literally for the kill. She had got a hold of my nose first, my face first, my arms - I was literally screaming," she said.

Jackie's husband, Blaine, was able to pry the attacking feline off.

"I woke up hearing my wife scream, I didn't know what was going on until I looked over there, until I looked over there seeing (the cat) viciously attacking her," Blaine said.

But the cat had already made its mark. Jackie was left with 35 bite marks and 15 bruises.

The cat wasn't through. When Jackie was washing blood off her face, it came back and started attacking her leg a second time.

"She came at me with the deadliest eyes," Jackie said.

"I noticed she was looking at my wife with a weird look," Blaine said.

But even after this whole ordeal, the Ostermiller family hasn't turned their back on cats. They even plan on getting a new kitten soon. But they do have a word of caution.

"I want people to know how dangerous cats can be, they can turn on you in a dime. Believe it or not - cats!" she said.

Jackie feels that none of this would have happened either, if they had just spayed their cat. The family ended up giving up Renesmee to the Rexburg shelter.

It's likely that it will be put down.


Don’t miss the video here…

ninja cat

No really, watch the tv news story. Its safe.

So the cat was ok until it had babies, then saw a male cat… um, no comment.

And then everyone is in bed. Looks like in the same bed. With the cat. You know, because everyone shares a bed with their kids and cats. A bed with a sweet Sugar-Salem Diggers bedspread. Well, maybe that wasn’t on there during the attack, they probably just put that on there to impress the reporter. Like, ‘honey, why don’t you get out the diggers blanket – this will be on tv you know’. Yeah, something like that.

Ok, got is so far.

I liked the part about the cat sounds, I backed up and watched it like 3 times. Rawrrrrrrhisss (insert angry hands here) – that is classic. I wonder if I can get that as a ringtone. Then there was the part about ‘being mauled, literally for the kill’. Like, as opposed to being mauled figuratively for the kill.

I bet if she had it to do over again she would let the cat go through the cat door, err, hole in the screen door to her trailer. You know, the one that leads to the fully custom pressboard back patio.

I’m thinking if my house cat just kicked my ass I wouldn’t call the tv news to publicize it. That couldn’t lead to anything good. Some a-hole on the internet might make fun of you.

I guess at least this proves my theory that cats are evil. They would eat you if they could figure out how to kill you. I mean literally kill you.

Bad kitty, bad bad kitty.

Wasn’t that better than bike racing?

No comments: