Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Biblical Coyotes

I was looking at my training log the other day and I think I discovered the source of my bicycle racing problems – no training! Huh, go figure. I also noticed that I have only bike commuted 3 days all year. Holy crap! Nearly 4 months gone and only 3 days! Wow, that’s a lot of riding with Hitler.

So I guess the good news is that 2 of them were in the last week. Two of the bike to works, not the rides with Hitler, there have been a bunch of those.

I had forgotten how entertaining the bike commute could be. I mean last Friday I saw a giant hole in the ground that used to be a pond, gb racer guy, some dude in a speedo, and a plywood coyote.

Yeah, no shit, a guy in a speedo. There I was riding along and minding my own business, you know, enjoying the sun when I catch a white flash out of the corner of my eye. So like a monkey, I see a flash and I have to look. Over on the other side of the river in the volley ball pit there are some dudes playing a little volley ball – the shiny one is the Michelin man in a speed-o.

Nice. Well actually not so nice. Holy Jesus dude, what are you thinking? I mean wtf? One, it’s not even that warm, two, if you are stay-puffed you shouldn’t rock a speed-o, and three, as if there needs to be a three, my eyes still hurt from your pastiness.

Oh the horror.

Speaking of religion, a little while later I saw this when I was riding past the Boise Bible College…



That’s right, a biblical plywood coyote. I am pretty sure that he is looking back over his shoulder for his partner – because, you know, biblical animals travel in pairs. I know because I read the Bible.

Well, actually, that’s not true. I didn’t quite read the bible. See my Dad is a Mormon and my mom is a Catholic. That makes me a heathen. I know, you thought I was going to say Mormoholic didn’t you. Well I may be that too.

So anyhow, yeah, I was largely raised without religion. I did try to read the Bible once though. I got bored during the begot part and quit. Don’t get me wrong, I like begetting as much as the next guy – quite a lot actually. If begetting was on facebook I would be a fan err, I mean ‘like’ it.

A guy can only take so much begetting though, and that first part of the Bible was just too much for me.

OK, so I didn’t read all of the bible, but I did hear somewhere that there is this part in there about animals going two by two, and something about a big boat.
Or maybe that was the ant song.

Nevertheless. Chalk up another plywood coyote.

No comments: