Monday, October 27, 2008

Roadside Lost and Found Episode 6: I Lost My Head!

I always thought that I loved the fall, but this year I have come to the conclusion that fall really sucks. It starts getting cold, it starts getting dark, and the ‘pretty’ fall leaves only make it impossible to find the dog poo in my back yard (unless I use my shoe).

Maybe I am just bitter because I had to spray poo residue off my shoes twice yesterday during my yardwork. Freak’n fall! But really, I think there is more to it than that. Every year it makes me feel a little down – this year has been especially bad since I haven’t been riding and all. Normally cycling and killing innocent animals makes my fall tolerable, but this year I didn’t ride and killing stuff didn’t take very long. I have been very turtle like lately, I just want to tuck my head in and sleep.

So anyhow I decided a new moto to drive me through the remainder of fall and winter. I call it Toughen The Fuck Up (TTFU) – I actually stole from Stuart O’Grady, the professional cyclist. I like it, I think it fits.

So under TTFU I started riding again. And started seeing weird stuff again…


I was out over the weekend and found Ken’s head laying on the side of the road. I also saw his leg, and arm, but I wasn’t fast enough to stop for them, his head though – how could I not stop for that? I imagine there was some kid tearing Ken apart in the back of the car, throwing body parts at cyclists while his sister cried.

I have had many things thrown at me, but never a head. That would suck.

Back to Ken. After I took the picture I told him to TTFU and get himself together…

No comments: