Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Prodigal Son

I went to get my five year old out of bed this morning. When I opened the door and walked in he opened one eye and groaned ‘Not you again’. Nothing like a little disrespect to get the day rolling.

---

Last Friday he came home from school and told me he wanted to have a triangle lovers party.

Me – ‘A triangle lovers party?’

Son – ‘Yeah, it will be at night time.’

Me – ‘Um, Ok’

Son – ‘There’s no adults aloud’

Me – ‘Yeah it’s probably better that way’


There was more but it was less entertaining after that. It turns out it is a party for kids who like triangles – the kind from geometry. Yeah – not what I was thinking either.

---

Earlier last week I was helping him get ready for bed. I gave him some pajamas, they had sports balls with flames around them. Trying to get him excited about anything related to bed time I said ‘Sweet, FLAMING BALLS’.

In the other room my wife was talking to her parents on the video messenger on the computer. My son jumped up on a chair in front of the camera and said ‘Do you want to see my flaming balls’. The look on the in-laws face was priceless.

No comments: