Friday, February 8, 2008

On the Road Again...


Woohoo it’s summer! Well maybe not, but it hasn’t snowed yet today.

Desperate to do anything but ride on my trainer or rollers I risked a bit of ice today to commute to work on the road bike. My first time outside in nearly two weeks.

I learned two things today on my commute. First, people that shovel the snow from the sidewalk to the road suck – I am going to add them to my arch-enemy list (shovels snow into the street guy). Second, that the Boise Greenbelt is consistently sloped towards the river – and the guys that maintain the Greenbelt plow the snow onto the uphill side. Oh I learned that ‘Stupid Girl’ by Garbage is one of those songs that get stuck in my head too.

All of the things that I learned today contributed to my difficulty in navigating to work safely. But hey at least I was outside.

Just occurred to me that I should summarize my training so far this year. This is my training blog after all. I put in a whopping 250 miles in January – oooooooo! I also put in an exciting 23 hours on the trainer – that’s a lot of videos!

Happy summer.

No comments: