Friday, January 21, 2011

The Laser Spectacular

It's not like I am stupid or anything.

I mean, I knew when the dentist asked the assistant to get the laser that something strange and wonderful was about to happen. After all, I am a kid of the Star Wars generation. When lasers come out bad guys start dying and strange new worlds start blowing up.

The smell of burning flesh was not one of the wonderful things that I anticipated when the laser was busted out. They made me close my eyes so I wasn’t entirely sure if it was my flesh that was burning but since the dentist was wearing special glasses and therefore had his eyes open I was reasonably sure that the flesh burning wasn’t his.

I am still not positive what was going on with the laser, but there is this little black ring of charcoal around the bottom of my new crown where my gums used to be.
Turns out that going to the dentist is one of those things that sucks, but sucks less if you do it more often. I say it is one of those things, but off the top of my head I can’t think of anything else like that. Maybe that’s why I didn’t go for 10 years or so. And that is definitely why I am paying now. In dollars and pain.

Speaking of things that suck, my 2011 year of suckitude seems to be snowballing. My cell phone died. Now how am I going to take pictures? And call people for help? My internet connection was broken last night.

One of my neighbors has an unsecured wireless network that is much faster than mine. That doesn’t suck.

I was doing some trainer time the other day and watched The Big Lebowski . I always wondered why this guy at work calls me Duderino. Bitch. The guy at work, not the Lebowski.

The movie wasn’t as good as I expected. The two hours on the trainer were priceless. By priceless I mean worthless. Why am I training for not racing? I might take up bowling. You can be fat and still rock at bowling. I can’t think of any good fat bike racers.

And a good weekend to all, and to all - well whatever.

No comments: